About our Nursery
Our foundation unit provides nursery care for those aged 3 and above. We are proud of the strong link between nursery and reception within the shared learning environment. We have a team of dedicated teaching staff and assistants that provide rich learning opportunities and spaces to suit individual children’s needs and interests.
Our Catholic mission and ethos remain at the heart of all that we do; with positive relationships, dedication and commitment to Christ and each other, being central to this mission. The aim of our school is to give each child the opportunity to develop confidence and self-esteem in a happy and well-structured environment. We believe that this equips our pupils with both a good Catholic education and a positive attitude to learning.
Our Early Years children are encouraged to be creative, explorative, imaginative, independent learners. We believe in learning through play; the children have opportunities to develop their independent skills and follow their own interests, enabling them to learn and achieve.
We have a large outdoor area which provides a range of learning and play opportunities. The space is free flowing, allowing the children to stay indoors or go outdoors at different points in the day.
We are very much part of the main school community in our nursery. We take part in weekly PE sessions in the school hall and love to join in events and whole school celebrations. This access to the school enables us to secure a highly effective, smooth transition from nursery to Primary school.
- To provide a stimulating, secure and welcoming environment for every child.
- To provide high quality spiritual, religious, social, emotional, physical, intellectual and moral education.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of every child in our care.
- To build positive and trusting partnerships between home and Nursery.
- To develop children’s learning through a broad and balanced curriculum which offers open-ended and challenging opportunities for them to learn through first hand experiences.
- To record your child’s learning and progression by observations, interactions, carefully planned activities and talking to parents.